lunedì 25 gennaio 2016

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart (Cover)



For TABS and BACKING TRACKS, check out:

http://gewerh44.blogspot.com

This is a guitar cover of a truly classic 80’s song: Kickstart My Heart by Mötley Crüe, from the “Dr. Feelgood” album (1989).


The original song is in “a whole step down” tuning (DGCFAD), but I prefered recording it on standard tuning (EADGBE). I dont like tuning down my guitars, its not good for the guitar’s neck, unless you decide leaving the guitar tuned like that.

I made the backing track that contains bass and drums. I used midi files as base, fixed some mistakes they had (as much as I could), and created the bass and drums tracks using plug-in’s (“Steinberg Virtual Bassist” and “EzDrummer: Drumkit From Hell”).


I couldnt record this song with any of my guitars, they just didnt sound right, besides I needed a guitar with floyd rose, so I got this 1986 Kramer Pacer Deluxe American guitar (thanks to my friend Rafael for lending it to me), This axe feels awesome, and sounds really nice to me.


Btw, in the original song, the lead guitar uses “Talk Box” effect (you use a mic, while this system filters your voice through your guitar playing, sounds like your guitar is saying what your singing on the mic).

Sadly, I dont have that effect, so I decided to use my Cry Baby to create a kinda cool effect. It doesnt compare to the original but I hope you like it.


As another parenthesis, this song has 2 rhythm guitars during the whole song (one on the left channel of the audio, and another one on the right channel), both of them play almost the same notes. I recorded both of them in my cover, but I only show the right channel one on most of my cover (except for the middle break and the outro, where you can see both of them).


Thanks for watching!

source



Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart (Cover)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento